Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hermes Festival of Crafts

This is my first published fashion video. I hope it to be the first of many. I shot it with William Brody as my cinematographer at The Bravern in Bellevue for Seattle Met Magazine.



It was important for me to get good audio. I wanted to hear the man scraping the dye from the screen, for example. In my other video you can hear stretching leather and folding canvas and such.

There is a lost clip where the silk printers tell the crowd that after the event, they will throw away their labors of the day. The reason being, the silk was not printed in the preferred conditions, at the workshop in France. I think that was amazing. Too bad I left it back on the cutting room floor!

2 comments:

its-all-goode said...

Wow. This video is amazing. Well done. Thank you so much for posting it.

Hermeshermione said...

As I had no hope of being there, your video provided the big treat. Thank you so much.